Fuller derrières are in demand, which would explain why the Brazilian butt lift (BBL) has fast become one of the most popular surgeries around today. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and J-Lo have all proved just how beautiful and sexy a shapelier behind can really be.
If you’ve been doing some research on this procedure, you will know that the Brazilian butt lift is not the only way to change the shape and size of your buttocks, butt implants are an option too.
The BBL: A Brief Overview
The Brazilian butt lift combines liposuction, fat transfer and specialised techniques to help patients achieve a shapelier behind. Fat is generally removed from areas such as the waist, thighs and stomach and transferred to the buttocks.
Along with changing the shape of their buttocks, patients can also benefit from the removal of excess fat, which leaves them with that desirable hourglass figure.
So, why should you choose the Brazilian butt lift over implants?
Why a Butt Lift is Better than Implants
Here are just a few of the reasons why butt job specialists such as Dr Ritz prefer the Brazilian butt lift to implants:
- When comparing the results of a Brazilian butt lift to those achieved with implants, you will clearly see that the results of a BBL look far more natural
- Since a BBL isn’t as invasive and uses the patient’s own fat, there are fewer complications
- Patients can look forward to a curvier shape because liposuction is a part of the procedure
- Fat shapes really well and can easily be placed in areas that need it the most
- Unlike implants, a Brazilian butt lift uses your body’s own fat, which means it won’t be rejected
- The incisions required to complete a Brazilian butt lift are much smaller, which means scarring is minimal
- Patients can expect a faster recovery with a BBL and can return to work about a week after their surgery
Are You a Good Candidate?
If you tick the below boxes, you could be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift:
- You’ve recently lost a lot of weight and are experiencing sagging of the buttocks
- You’re carrying excess fat that you can’t lose using exercise and a healthy diet
- You’re close to your ideal weight but you want to enhance the appearance of your lower body
- You’re at your goal weight but your skin refuses to contract following liposuction due to lack of elasticity
- You’re generally unhappy with the shape and sagginess of your buttocks
Choosing Your BBL Surgeon
If you are considering this procedure, know that only a plastic surgeon who is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons should be performing your procedure – this is not the same as a cosmetic surgeon.
Make a point of doing as much research as you can on potential surgeons, which includes thoroughly reviewing their before and after gallery to ensure that they are capable of achieving the results you’re hoping for.